Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Around town

We have finally taken some pictures from our 'hood! Blake and I were really craving a good cheeseburger and you'll be shocked to know that the best place we've found for a burger in Sydney is..... ahhhmmmm.... McDonalds (lovingly called Mackers by the locals). We took a walk from our house in North Sydney into Neutral Bay for our delicious treat, and on the way took some photos of where we live.


A view of North Sydney's central business district

Thought the Americans would enjoy seeing a view of a right-hand turn in Sydney

Same intersection, just a cool picture Blake took

Some views of the Harbour Bridge from our "neck of the woods"

I'm sure you've noticed the new sign at the top of our blog; this is a block away from our house... we live on the suburb line of North Sydney and Crows Nest and are just a couple blocks from Neutral Bay. I know this doesn't mean much to most of you, but we couldn't be happier with the area of town we chose and with Sydney's Lower North Shore area overall. We still haven't bought a car! Can you imagine? I went from driving EVERYWHERE to hardly needing one at all. We rent one when we need it for now, but do plan on buying one in the next month or so for big shopping trips and days when it rains a lot.

Now, onto my next overdue blog!








No comments: