Thursday, March 13, 2008

She took steps today!!!

I promise more pictures soon, but I have to share in my excitement from today... Anna took her first steps on her own!!!

It started this morning when we went to our first developmental check-up at the Crows Nest Child Health Care Centre. A free service to all local residents, they do regular checkups for all babies and children and I'd been advised by several friends to take the kids in for registry. While speaking to the nurse about our relocation and how the children were adapting, Brady and Anna were playing with all the toys in the room. I glanced down and looked up at Yvonne (our nurse) and said, "Did she just take a step??" and Yvonne exclaimed, "Yes, she did, I saw it too!"

I was so happy and gave Anna a big kiss, but continued on with our conversation about the childrens' development. After a very thorough and impressive 2 hour conversation, weigh-in, measurements and immunisation check (they are on track with Australian shots, so we will continue on our same path, yay!) we finally came home. (On another note, I was very impressed with all of the nurses and the thick development books I was given for each child with their names on them... not to mention that I can drop in and weigh and measure them whenever I'd like.)

So now we're home and are expecting Uncle Larry and Aunt Claudia from Atlanta any minute. Out of nowhere Anna gets up from the middle of the floor and walks over to me! I couldn't believe it...

She hasn't performed for Daddy yet (was too excited to take an afternoon nap, so she was worn out when he got home) but I know that soon my excitement will wear off and I'll be wishing for the days when she stayed in one spot and I only had to chase Brady around... ahhh, times they are a changin'!!!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Congrats Anna! Now Brady just needs to teach you how to run from Mommy! he he Tell Anna that Nini says "way to go girl!!"

2.5 Henrys said...

that is great! olivia has taken 2 steps and then she sits down. no actual "walking" without her push-toy. talking is another story...